The saying- "All that glitters is not gold." might be referring to silver or perhaps silver jewelry. Recently, the meteoric rise in the price of gold has set silver jewelry upon a new throne. Fine silver jewelry or .999 (99.9% ) grade is made almost entirely of pure silver. It has been popular
Much of silver jewelry today is machine-made or mass-produced. However, handmade silver jewelry is prized by many seeking uniquely created jewelry pieces. Handmade jewelry is typically made by designer jewelry made by artisans because silver jewelry is not only beautiful and lower-priced than gold and platinum but also versatile to work with..
Certainly, silver jewelry adorned with gemstones elevates its quality and allure. Sapphires, diamonds and rubies are more commonly found in silver jewelry these days as a respected substitute for the prohibitively costly gold jewelry.
Alternatives to precious gemstones such as cubic zirconia or cz silver jewelry have become trendy and desirable alternatives.
Do you prefer glistening silver necklaces to sparkling
silver rings? Or, are your bangles of choice silver bracelets covered
with charms that capture the sunlight? Do you fancy instead silver earrings
that dance in the breeze like free spirits? Perhaps you love all types,
styles and forms of gem-encrusted, beaded, wire-wrapped,
sterling or fine silver jewelry just because it's wonderful gorgeous silver!
through the ages along with it's close sibling - sterling silver. Sterling silver jewelry, referred to as .925 silver is 92.5% pure silver. The remaining 7.5% consists of alloys that include various base or precious metals. A sterling silver standard is used to gauge a silver's quality. It can only be marked as "sterling silver" if it consists of the proper percentage of silver.
Jewelry made from silver is revered almost as highly as gold jewelry because of its greater abundance and therefore is more extensively used world-wide. It has been fashioned into many styles by numerous cultures. Native American or Indian jewelry is well-known and coveted for its distinct and traditional design. Mexican silver jewelry is another greatly valued type of jewelry. It too has cultural appeal that makes it a unique form of silver jewelry.