commercial - uses a, forceful or "hard sell" delivery.
life to it" - direction to put more energy into the v.o. reading
booth - the studio or room where the voice-over track is recorded
(Automated Dialogue Replacement) -also known as looping. A technology
which synchronizes inserted audio tracks into a film.
- the feeling about what you're selling, and also your disposition in
a voice-over session.
noise - atomospheric sound used to create the environment for the voice-over
real" - knowing who you are playing,
it" - exagerate, highlight elements of the performance or script
character - come out of the chosen character or changing the voice
it up or down -add more energy to the reading
- a full payment for a v.o. job vs. an ongoing payment or residuals.
- rhythm of a reading
- during the casting process, the voice actor is asked to return for
- another name for headphones or headsets.
- who the voice actor is playing or performing as.
it" - adding an emotion or attitude to a particular part of the
- also know as the script
room - usually where a v.o. recording is engineered and orchestrated.
air - when no sound is unintentionally being recorded
- a recorded demonstration of a voiceover actor's talents, range of
voices and expertise.
- conversation in the v.o. script.
- two voice-over artists performing together. MORE...